Life gets crazy, doesn’t it? The days seem to race by. Between juggling motherhood, a career, family time and a personal life there is little time for chores. And who really wants to do them anyway. But allowing time for the simple things can help eliviate some of our daily stress which equals a happy mama. (Happy Wife = Happy Life)
Here are some things I like to do during the work week about 30-minutes before bed. This routine helps prepare me for the next day and also helps me to relax before bedtime.
1. Turn off your phone. I admit it, I am addicted to my phone and I hate it. I’m constantly checking work related emails, text messages and social media sites when I get home from work. But family time comes first and everyone else can wait. This is your time to relax and unwhind without interruption.
2. Your gym bag – PACK IT! There are so many mornings I have missed out on the gym simply because I did not have time to pack my gym bag. Well, now I simply pack it the night before and take it with me to work. My company provides us with an amazing gym and I intend to take full advantage. Take your time packing your bag, make sure you have everything you need. Your health is your wealth, without it, you have NOTHING.
3. Throw in a load of laundry. I try and keep up with the never ending heap of clothes by doing a load each night. There is nothing worse then spending your weekends doing laundry and other various house chores. Do yourself a favor and do it! You will thank me.
4. Read your little one a story. Hunter received so many different books and they are my most treasured gifts. Reading helps make both mommy and baby sleepy.
5. Run the dishwasher. There is nothing worse then a sink full of dirty dishes from last night’s dinner. I used to be guilty of piling up the sink. (I know mom, you taught me better then that.) Now I make a habit of running the dish washer at least 5 nights a week. The kitchen always looks clean and I don’t have to stare at a messy sink as I enjoy my morning coffee.
Just a few tips from me to you to make life a little easier!
Have a WONDERFUL week.